Good Riddance!
by PamFord Davis

Good riddance! We are happy to see an enemy flee from sight! On my top ten list of enemies, fear ranks at the top! Most of have a large range of fear levels, from feelings of mild discomfort and uneasiness, to panic and anxiety, with a climax of terror!


I have never done a thorough investigation; but I once heard the words fear or afraid are listed in scripture 365 times, one for every day of the year! I would say fear is a pretty important topic! A certain amount of fear is a healthy thing; it keeps us from dangers such as fire, deep water, or stepping out in front of traffic. Phobias are fear run amuck!


We are to fear the Lord, not meaning to cringe, but to reverence Him and His name. (Leviticus 25:17) He is not "the man upstairs!" When we hold Him in honor, we are well on our way to ridding ourselves of senseless fears.


We also experience fear in times of glimpses of God's glory. Scriptures give many accounts of people encountering angels or seeing dramatic miracles. Most instantly were paralyzed with fear, followed by words of comfort "Fear not, or be not afraid!"



God understands our fears and holds our hand. "But seeing the wind, he became afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, Lord, save me! And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, O you of little faith, why do you doubt (Matthew 14:30-31 NAS)?"


In our weakness we can never fully conquer our fears; but we can put our trust in One who can! "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear (1John 4:18a NAS). God is love! (1 John 4:16b NAS) Let Him slay the giant called fear, and banish him from God's kingdom!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print