Things That Go Bump In The Night
by PamFord Davis

Do you like scary stories, like those children tell around a campfire? Not me! I think it is better to sing "Kumbaya," and "Michael rode the boat ashore" while toasting marshmallows!


If you do like the tales which send chills up your spine, maybe a time I remember will create at least a few goose bumps. I was a young wife and mother back in the early 1970's. My husband worked the night shift ("graveyard shift" applies here).

We lived in a middle class neighborhood section in a large city. Our home was a two story house with a basement, 2 bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs, used as a guest room. I feel like "Joe Friday;" this is the city


In the middle of the night I am home alone, with our two small children in the room across the hall. Suddenly I hear a loud noise. Nobody likes unexplained noises in the night! I hear several more loud noises coming from downstairs! Is some one trying to break in?


I reach for the phone next to my bed and call my husband, who tells me to call the police. By now, I am scared stiff! When I contact the police they instruct me to let them in when they arrive.

So, I watch for them from my bedroom window, overlooking the street. When I see their car, I rush down the stairs to unlock the front door. Two officers enter with guns drawn; they suspect some one may be in the basement. I show them the way, through our living room, dinning room and kitchen. They search the basement and find nothing, but advise me the windows need to be better secured.


There I stand a young wife and mother, in the kitchen with 2 police officers. The mystery is solved; our refrigerator starts making horrible noises! It bit the dust and I was so embarrassed!


The next time you hear noises that go bump in the night, grab a flashlight and face your fears!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print