Who Set the Rainbow in the Sky?
by Louise Lee

It was a rainy day. The sky was gloomy. The wind was strong. Sally was at home with her grandpa.
Sally's brother, Samuel, was just born. It would be his first day at home.
"Sally, your little brother is coming home today. Do you want to see his new room?" Grandpa says, "Come!"
Grandpa brought Sally into a room. It was painted blue and pink. In the middle of the room was a small wooden bed.
"This is beautiful! It is a lovely place! Wow! I love all theses animals." Sally was overjoyed.
"Look at those toys!" She couldn't help but touching the soft toys that was on the floor.
"One, two one two grandpa, why are there two bears, two lions, two sheep and two giraffes in this room? " Sally was curious about what she saw.
"Did you know about Noah?" Grandpa looked at Sally and asked.
"Noah? Who is Noah?" Sally was curious, " Is he someone on the TV?"
"No! He was the man who used a big boat to save people. He is someone in the Bible" Now, Grandpa stooped down and sat with Sally on the floor.
"Tell me more about him. I want to know!" Sally loved to listen to Grandpa's story.
"Long time ago, men did a lot of bad things. They did not obey God." Grandpa started his story.
"What did they do?" Sally asked.
"They lied. They hurt each other. They stole other people's things. They did a lot other things that God hates." Grandpa said.
Grandpa continued, "God did not want them to continue to do bad things, so He asked Noah to warn the people to change."
Grandpa pointed to the sky outside the window. "God told Noah a heavy rain would fall from the sky. The whole world would then be covered with water."
"Then what would happen?" Sally asked.
"Not a single living thing would live!" Grandpa said.
"How about those who know how to swim?" Sally asked.
"No one could live. Even those who could fly could not escape from it." Grandpa said,
"Because the rain was very heavy!"
"Wow! There must be a lot of water." Sally dropped her mouth open and said.
"More than the waters in the oceans add together." Grandpa explained with his arm open wide.
"How sad!" Sally exclaimed.
"That was how God punished men! God was angry with what they did!" Grandpa said.
"Really? I'm so afraid of God." Sally said.
"Why?" Dad asked.
"I did bad things that God hates I told lies many times and I stole my classmates pencils" Sally was in tears.
"Oh sweetie, God did not like us to do bad things, but He is always forgiving. He does not keep His anger forever. He always wants us to change and obey Him." Grandpa held Sally towards his chest and explained to her.
"Is that true?" Sally asked.
"No doubt about it!" Grandpa smiled and rubbed off the tears from Sally's eyes.
"God asked Noah to build an ark, that is a big boat, to save those who were willing to change." Grandpa continued with his story.
"I want to change, I don't want to be punished. I don't want to leave grandpa, daddy and mommy and little Samuel, too" Now, tears run down Sally's cheeks like rain.
"Do not be afraid, Sally, do you want to come on to the boat?" Grandpa asked.
"Yes! I don't want to tell lies anymore." Sally answered with a smile.
"Here you are!" Grandpa carried Sally and put her inside the wooden bed.
Grandpa continued, "This is the big boat Noah built. Whoever is willing to change could go inside the boat. When the waters come, they will be saved. God told Noah to bring in also two of each type of the animals into the boat."
"Here we got two lions, two giraffes and two sheep! " Sally said and pointed at the soft toys.
Grandpa took the lions, the sheep and two giraffes and put inside the wooden bed.
"Now, we are saved, " Sally giggled as she held the soft toys in her hands.
"Grandpa, what is this colorful thing on the wall?" Sally asked.
"It is a rainbow," Grandpa said with a warm smile.
"Rainbow?" Sally wondered.
"Rainbow usually will appear after the rain." Grandpa explained.
"I have not seen any rainbow before! But who set the rainbow in the sky? What is it for? " Sally was now really excited to hear from Grandpa about the rainbow.
"God set the rainbow in the sky."
"Why?" Sally asked.
"When God sees it, He would not send heavy rain to destroy people anymore." Grandpa explained.
"Remember I told you God will not keep His anger forever. He always wants to forgive us." Grandpa continued.
"God is so good!" Sally smiled.
"Yes, my dear, God is a good God. We should obey and love Him all the time."
"Ok, grandpa, when I see this rainbow, I will remember to obey God and love Him," Sally promised.
"Good girl!"
"Grandpa, God is going to keep His promise when He sees the rainbow, right?" Sally asked.
"Sure!"
"Grandpa, do you see the rainbow outside the window? God will keep his promise yes! God will forgive me! " Sally was so excited when she saw the rainbow.
"Ding Dong!"
"It must be your daddy and mommy with little Samuel!" Grandpa said.
"Let me answer the door, I'm going to tell little Samuel who set the rainbow in the sky." She was at the door before she finished her sentence.

Louise Lee
www.louiseleewrites.com
(My first illustrated book Psalm 23 for Kids is now available at amazon.com)
http://www.amazon.com/Psalm-23-Kids-Louise-Lee/dp/1482829975

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print