Revival Prayers for Dayspring
by Marijo Phelps

The following are things the Lord has laid on my heart (for prayer) regarding revival in our Body of Believers @ Dayspring Christian Fellowship.

We are to worship Father, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit not the gifts of the Spirit (I do not think we do) but we may certainly ask for and desire the gifts.

1 Corinthians 14
Gifts of Prophecy and Tongues
1Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.(NIV)

Luke 11:13 (New International Version)
13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" (NIV)

We are not looking for the Toronto Blessing or the Brownsville revival but we are looking for the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit and whatever they have for Dayspring Christian Fellowship for today here and now.

We need to surrender to anything,creative and unique God that our Lord is,that is "God breathed". We need to put aside fear and hesitance and "we have never worshipped this way before". We need to look to God's Word to set our precedent. "What does the scripture say?" Look to various scriptures about praise in the throne room. I might includes here some words translated "praise" in English which are way different in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic.Examples would be like "with a loud shout", "on your face before Him", a "wave offering" etc. from a good old book called Praise by Trombley (out of print last time I checked unfortunately)and in Revelation also.

We also need to pray that no spirit alien to the Holy Spirit will enter in or have influence in our fellowship, by the blood that Christ shed for us all at Calvary. I suppose it would not hurt to bind the spirits we know that plague this area, Jezebel, isolation, depression are a few of those spirits I can think of. in Jesus mighty name.

And further pray that if any hostile spirit comes into the meeting place it will be neutralized and sent back to where Jesus told those spirits to go and replaced,in that person, by the Holy Spirit of the living God for that person's redemption, deliverance and eternity.

We need to "test the spirits" and see if they are of God.

1 John 4
Test the Spirits
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.(NIV)

But,we are not to be afraid of God's Spirit and His presence in our midst.

We are to worship and praise and seek the Lord and not sit like lumps on the pew,to be responsive and listen and move out when He lays something on our hearts; to the altar, to grab a flag or dance, to speak forth a word to the Body etc.

We are to interact with Him who loves us and sent His son,with Him who loves us and died for us, with Him who loves us and teaches and equips us to go forth into our Jerusalem, Judea and "all the world".

Times are going to be rougher. Situations will be tough. We will have blessed opportunities to say and do things which will count for ALL ETERNITY. If we get prayed up now, we will be further ahead when those times come.

We need to pray much for our leadership. They DO share the truth in love. They take care of the sheep and teach God's Word fully and with much insight. They follow the leading of the Holy Spirit decently, in order and without compromise.

Pray for their strength, discernment and for them not to grow weary. Pray for them to hang on and not compromise. Pray for them to walk humbly and have incredible victory over the enemy through that beautiful walk with Him who is able.

Also, pray that the Body will ask questions. If they have a problem about anything that they will ASK. Dialogue and communication cement brothers and sisters as does prayer. Ruffled feathers and turning tail do not solve issues.

If we are soon to be without spot or wrinkle it is possible there might need to be a few sessions with the mangle (an old apparatus for ironing that was hot, and did serious business to get that job done) Heat gets rid of the dross so we need to be ready for the process.

AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print