Queen For A Day
by PamFord Davis

Are you a person of royalty; does "blue blood" run through your veins? Many from my husband's family have been deeply involved in family history research for years. It can become a passion; and our links to the past are worth researching. We would not be here without them!


Recently I attended a wonderful preschool graduation program. As each four year old stood before the microphone, they told their name, and what they wanted to be when they grew up. There were the usual occupations, plus several straight from the heart of a tender child. One girl said "When I grow up I want to be a princess!" Yes; she dreamed big!


In the struggling years of television, programs lacked the glitz and glamour of today; but it did not take as much to impress us then! I felt enchanted viewing "Queen for a Day!" Producers of current game shows would arrogantly reject such simple entertainment. I do not; it gave people the opportunity to dream big dreams, reaching for a chance to be "queen for a day!"


People wrote letters explaining why they wanted to be chosen, sharing their personal story, or a story of some one they felt deserving. As queen a prize would also be awarded to fit the specific needs of "the queen." Home appliances which we consider necessities were luxuries then. If a mother of six won and received an automatic washing machine, she would feel like a queen! Receiving her crown and being led to her throne, tears filled her eyes.


In our lowly estate God, though the rightful reigning King, lets us have a small part on the royal throne. "The nave inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge,
(Proverbs 14:18)." The coronation is about to begin!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print