Zombies
by PamFord Davis

Where are the zombies? Those words came from the mouth of our grandson, when we were in a cemetery doing family history research! At his tender age he had viewed cartoons with zombies and expected to see some among the tomb stones!


We chuckled and explained the truth to him, before moving on with our search for information. I think the term zombie describes the "living dead." I hate spooky movies; but there is more truth in fiction than we may realize.

Before we surrender to Jesus as Lord we are as the "living dead." We went through all the motions of life; but in reality we merely existed. "And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience (Ephesians 2:1-2 NAS)."


Have you ever heard the expression describing an ill person as "looking like death warmed over?" We forget all of us are at deaths door. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23 NAS)." The choice is ours life or death; it has always been that clear cut. Eternity hangs in the balance.


The next time you think sin is only an opinion of the narrow minded, remember the zombies and choose life in Christ!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print