All You Can Eat
by PamFord Davis

Do you enjoy buffet dining? Some of my favorite restaurants offer "all you can eat" buffet meals. We all have a desire to get our moneys worth and filling our own plates gives us that control.


The ultimate experience includes several areas for selection including salad bars, soups, breads and rolls, hot vegetable bars, pasta and tacos, and a large variety of meats. It is topped off with assorted deserts including ice cream treats. A good waiter or waitress keeps your glass filled with your beverage of choice, making everything complete! The only challenge is not making too many return trips for more!


Why do we settle for only snacks or appetizers from the bounty of God's word? He offers an "all you can eat" feast! "All the days of the afflicted are bad, but a cheerful heart has a continual feast (Proverbs 15:15 NAS)."


Life in Christ leads us to filling and contentment. "Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am (Philippians 4:11 NAS)."


Join the line at the buffet! "Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost (Isaiah 55:1 NAS)." Everything is fat free and the feasting never ends!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print