Family Reunion
by PamFord Davis

Are you planning a family reunion? Our yearly gathering is held each autumn at Collins, Mississippi. Each year there are usually a few new faces in the crowd. Sadly, there are also one or two empty chairs; and we honor those who died during the year.


What makes a family reunion so special? Is it scrumptious food? Could your reason be the program or entertainment? Everyone looks forward to the door prizes! Are these the reasons we mark our calendars to be there? No, a family reunion is special because we are among family! In our mobile society most families are scattered across the country. A reunion gives us the opportunity to see each other, share news, and melt in the hugs of family.


Have you discovered that God instructs us to have family reunions? "You should not stay away from the church meetings, as some are doing. But you should meet together and encourage each other. Do this even more as you see the Day coming (The day Christ will come to judge all people and take His people to live with Him , Hebrews 10:25 NCV)."


How does that tie in to family reunions? A church is not the building. A church is the family of God. He is our Father! We are His children. The members are brothers and sisters in Christ. He wants us to have regular family reunions in the buildings where we gather together to worship Him.


Will the food be good? It will be great, as we feed on the word of God! Will there be music to enjoy? Yes, we are offered many styles of music from soloists, choirs and instrumentalists. Are their door prizes? Everyone is a winner. We are offered the prize of eternal life!

Mark your calendar; you don't want to miss the next family reunion!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print