Morning Meditations
by PamFord Davis

Do you meet with God regularly for a quiet time? I'm not sure who labeled those special times set aside to commune with our Father as quiet times; but quiet is a rare commodity today. The frantic call of a stressed out parent explains it all. "Be quiet; I can't hear myself think!" Yes, we need to welcome and cherish those times alone in prayer, praise and growth through God's word.


The monks knew the power of silence and solitude; and guarded those times diligently. God is always available, with a listening ear; but there is something extra special about morning meditation. With no interruptions from the outside world we can draw close to the Lord for daily direction. If we give Him first place in our busy schedules He will bless our lives with His still, quiet voice.


If you are happily married, do you remember the joy of waking up in the morning and delighting in having the love of your life at your side? We can experience that same contentment when we rise to meet with holy trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit! "Before the day breaks and the shadows flee turn (to me), my love (Song of Solomon 2:17a HCS)"


He loves us with an everlasting love and desires quiet times alone, to reveal that love. "Sssh"! I need peace and quiet. I can't hear the Lord!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print