Acts 1:6
by Don Costello

Acts 1:6

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

1. "Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

a. This is a question not only about Israel being restored to her glory, but also about the promises mentioned in the Prophets and Psalms concerning Israel being the most glorious nation on earth.

b. We must not miss the lesson here for it is vitally important. It seems they were preoccupied with the end and Jesus deflected it and caused them to focus on what the mission of the church was and is. Wait to be baptized in the Holy Ghost and then fulfill the great commission!

c. I love studying about the end times as much as anyone, but we must be preoccupied with winning the lost. This is our most important task.


My name is Don Costello. Ever since I received Christ in November of 1976 I have had a passion to study and know God's word.My wife Melissa and I have 5 children.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I have a blog located at:
www.theophilus-loverofgodsword.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print