Dust Bunnies
by PamFord Davis

Do dust bunnies multiply under your bed? They are as quiet as mice; but are still unwelcome intruders. If you or a family member deals with allergies you are well aware of public enemy number one, dust!


Our son went through painful allergy testing at age three, and broke my heart with his cries for my help. The diagnosis revealed the common allergy triggers of dust, molds, animal hair, etc. We were in a new house with all tile floors; so that was a point in our favor. Carpets not only hold dust; but the dyes in the fabric also cause irritation.


My job not only included giving him injections, but janitorial services as well. Dust must be eradicated! Do you know that new car smell we all love? Well, our house carried the recognizable scent of Endust spray!


Just grab a dust mop or vacuum and coax those fragile dust bunnies out from their hiding places. You are bigger than they are; so take the upper hand! You must be vigilant; they keep coming back, welcomed or not. It's a never ending battle; and there is no recognition for your hours on duty at the front lines in the dust war zone!


God, who created everything, does not ignore the dust bunnies. "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by a span, and calculated the dust of the earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance, and the hills in a pair of scales (Isaiah 40:12 NAS)?"


It seems God weighs or measures everything; His calculations in the earth's rotation around the sun reveal His mathematical genius skills! Are we being weighed or measured? "Tekel'- you have been weighed on the scales and found deficient (Daniel 5: 27 NAS)."


This message to Belshazzar should be a warning to us. No false weights will be tolerated, only the weight of God's glory reflected in our lives! Dust bunnies, your days are numbered!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print