Audit The Books
by PamFord Davis

The holiday classic "It's a wonderful life" pulls at our heart strings each Christmas. We can identify with the life problems and the characters involved. The crisis at the family operated savings and loan mushroomed with the arrival of the bank examiner. The audit of the books revealed missing cash. If the books don't balance every penny must be accounted for!


Many times we feel like our entire life is under the scrutiny of an audit. Do we add up? Have the stresses of life subtracted from our plus column? In a ledger do we show up in the red or in the black? It can be very unsettling to imagine the books opened for inspection!


A good auditor uncovers even small errors, if recorded intentionally or in carelessness. If we were to audit the open books of others, what would we find? (Love) "does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered (1 Corinthians 13:5 NAS)." The accounts would balance; and no errors would be found!


In love we would not keep track, or take into account any errors against us!
Love not only looks over errors; it covers them up! "Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8 NAS)." Dust off the books and begin a new chapter today!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print