Sowing Wild Oats
by PamFord Davis

The older generation frequently remarks that a young person" is just sowing his wild oats!" Smiling they brush it off, as if to say rebellion and shameful behavior is just a normal part of growing up. How sad, when you realize actions result in consequences; and they will reap what they sow (Galatians 6:7)


We can be sure, God does not think it is a laughing matter, no matter how young or old we may be. It is so serious He sent His Son to die for us, to free us from the penalty of death! (Romans 6:23)."


A young person does not have to give in to youthful desires. "How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word. With all my heart I have sought Thee; do not let me wander from Thy commandments. Thy word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee (Psalm 119:9-11 NAS)."


The Psalmist spoke wisely and with a burning desire to please God. When we sow, let it be God's word. "And the one on whom seed was sown on good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit, and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty (Matthew 13: 23 NAS)." That's a bumper crop we all want to reap!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print