Wisdom
by Dawne Biggs

But the wisdom that comes from God is first of all pure, then peaceful, gentle, and easy to please. This wisdom is always ready to help those who are troubled and to do good for others. It is always fair and honest.
James 3:17 (New Century Version)

I understand more at this point in my spiritual life what WISDOM means for the body of believers in Christ! The more I chat with people, the more I see while we may be bright, smart, intelligent, charming, interesting, funny or even focused, wisdom is on an entirely different level.

Wisdom is being able to rise above the mundane of life and see through to what is real and necessary and to be capable to respond accordingly. Wisdom is not who wins the argument or who has the most degrees. Wisdom is being able to see the person who thinks he is always right may just need some affirmation. Wisdom is seeing the frightened old woman as maybe needing someone to hold her hand and reassure her everything will be all right.

Wisdom surpasses ordinary knowledge. It speaks not to what is there but what lies underneath. It expresses compassion at all times and a sense of fair play.

Wisdom encourages each of us to step up to another level. It offers the benefits of a broader understanding. Wisdom is open and is never negative. It draws the best out in every situation.

Wisdom is intentional, purposeful and always on time. It comforts, supports and nurtures. Wisdom determines when enough is enough. It is resourceful and knows every path of peace and resolution.

Wisdom is never mean or coercive. Wisdom would never lie.

Wisdom has foresight. It can tell where and where not to go. It knows who to hang out with and who to avoid.

Wisdom does not backslide, backbite or belittle. It is not secretive nor does it lead a double life.

Wisdom attracts wisdom but also speaks to fear and indecision. It prays and seeks counsel. Wisdom understands servant-hood and doesn't need the spotlight.

Wisdom is not intrusive or abrasive. Wisdom is beauty in motion and never tires.

Wisdom is intangible but you can always recognize it when it is present! It stands out wittingly distinctively from the rest.

Wisdom is the ultimate inner awareness that inclines us to draw from a pure endless pool of goodness.

I queried WISDOM on Webster. Com.

The definition read ability to discern inner qualities and relationships.

That led me to insight, which read the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or seeing intuitively.

That lead me to discernment, which read the quality of being able to grasp and comprehend what is obscure.

That led me back to insight and also perception, which read a result of perceiving.

That led me to consciousness, which read the totality of conscious states of an individual.

That led me to awareness, which read having or showing realization, perception or knowledge.

That led me to cognizant, which read knowledgeable of something especially through personal experience.

That led me to mindful, which read inclined to be aware.

That took me back to aware, cognizant and conscious. It also led me to awake which means to cease sleeping and to make active.

If we seek wisdom, just look where it will lead!


How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver!
Proverbs 16:16


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print