Empty Pockets
by PamFord Davis

How do pieces of tissue end up in our laundry? They seem to hide in the deepest corners of our pockets, and jump out during the wash cycle! Didn't we turn the pockets inside out first? The mess before our eyes reveals we must have skipped that important step.


Another time pockets are turned inside out is visible proof of no cash at hand. At such times we do not even have coins to drop on our dresser at the end of the day. Pockets have been used to hold trinkets and even surprises from small boys, their frogs, or garden snakes! Yes, pockets are handy storage areas for many things, from tissues to critters; but cash on hand is what we prefer to pull out!


What happens if you tear a hole in your pocket? You lose the contents, just like carrying a ripped bag! "Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes (Haggai 1:6 KJV)."


We often say money slips between our fingers; truly it often vanishes! God was drawing attention to his peoples focus on their homes and neglecting His house. Their selfishness resulted in loss of buying power! Maybe it is time to turn all our pockets inside out and take inventory!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print