Wash Day Blues
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember when Monday was laundry day? Mounds of dirty clothes were stacked in front of the families' ringer washer and the weekly chore was tackled! I recall leaning up against the washing machine with my stomach, while Mom did the laundry. The vibration felt good; I guess it compared to an amusement ride in my basement!


We can pick up pearls of wisdom from our automatic wash cycles of today. At times we may need a "pre-soak." The ways of the world leave stains needing attention. Our Bibles hold special care instructions, for all spot treatments. Find each stain and rub in the tried and true stain lifter. (1 John 1:9) When each stain of sin is confessed it will vanish!


The cares of the world also build up; and we need a gentle, light cycle to remove our feelings of discouragement. We might not even realize those areas of contamination are there. We just know our days are not as bright and cheerful as they once where. God's gentle cleansing will make all things new. (Psalm 18:35/2 Corinthians 5:17)


If we lose control and yield to temptations a regular wash cycle is always as easy as turning the control of washing to God. He does not discard a soiled article; He cleanses it!,
(Psalm 51:10) His Holy Spirit points to Jesus and the washing of His word. (Ephesians 5:26)


Rebellion against God and turning away from His care leaves us wide open for the darkness of evil. A heavy wash cycle is needed to remove every trace of darkness that we can be clean and white again, pure as the first winter snow! (Isaiah 1:18) He is not shocked seeing dirty laundry; and His laundry room of prayer is always open.


Following the wash and rinse cycles all the dirt and grime is drained away; and with the final spin, we are joyously twirling around and around in the tender arms of the Father. Goodbye wash day blues; hello forgiveness!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print