A Priceless Gift - On the Feast of Corpus Christi
by Maria Franco

Gifts are a wonderful way of conveying our love and appreciation to the ones who are near and dear to us.
Though, there is double joy in giving than receiving.

When Jesus gave us the present of his body and blood, he was actually present in it. It was a perpetual presence of himself to us all, his very soul and divinity.
His body to give us an inner strengthen and nourish us.
His blood to cleanse our iniquities and fill us with innumerable graces through this most blessed and divine sacrament, the exceptional one being the grace needed to reach heaven, which surpasses all other merits which can be earned by our sufferings and charitable works.
Today, we celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi, where we recall the mystery of God's infinite love for us in this memorable sacrament.

God is love and his love is the highest expression. No human being can love us as much as God does. We search for love in others throughout our lives, but at some point in life due to human limitations and weaknesses, they will always let us down, fail us or betray our trust.
But it is not so with God. His love is constant and never changing, ever faithful till the end.
He created the universe for us, gave us all good things in life right up to the ultimate sacrifice of his own life and even after his death, he gave himself to us in the mystery of the Eucharist. He is forever present with us in the Eternal Bread of Life.

Our present in return should be our never ending connection to Jesus, to remain in him as he remains in our hearts.
May our hearts always be a fitting place for his adorable body when we receive him in this intimate sacrament.
May we eat of the bread, His Body and drink of the wine, His Blood until we feast one day as a welcome guest at the great banquet of our Lord.

Maria Franco

A freelance writer and poet.
I declare that the above article is original.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print