A plea for Christian unity
by Robert Randle

Every Sunday hundreds of millions Bible-believing Christians assemble into their respective places of worship in America and throughout the world. Each church has its own unique history and every member is extremely devoted as well as intensely passionate about what he or she believes. The common thread which binds all the faithful together is belief in the Messianic prophet, Jesus of Nazareth as the Son of God and Savior of the world.

After such a glorious beginning, Christianity has splintered itself into a mere shadow of itself with modern-day Pharisees and for some of these believers the rest of the world can to "hell," as long as they are raptured up to meet the Lord Jesus Christ in the air, while the world is left to suffer through the horrors of the 'Apocalypse' and the "Great Tribulation." However, in the meantime, the self-righteous Christian looks down gleefully from the clouds and says, "I told you so." Are we so concerned with being 'right' in a religious sense that we forget all about having a 'real' relationship with God? And if our only concern is the attainment of Everlasting Life while abandoning the philosophy, then I submit that we are the most selfish beings in all creation.

How ironic it is when there is a Methodist Church across the street from a Presbyterian Church and a Lutheran Church several blocks away from a Baptist Church and sadly, not any member from one of the Churches of the same 'Faith' will fellowship with one another. It seems that the polarizing force in religious division is in interpreting the Bible from a particular denominational perspective and firmly believing that God, through the Holy Spirit would not lead someone to a particular church if it was not the truth. Too often, fellow believers allow the 'mote' of minor theological points-of-view to keep us from the 'beam' of fellowship, common belief, and sharing together in the blessings in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Acts 2:44, 46
"And all those who had believed were together, and had all things in common; And day by day continuing with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart." In Ephesians 4:13, the Apostle Paul writes, "Until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the [full] knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ."

Jude 3
"Beloved, while I was making every effort to write to you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the 'Faith' which was once for all delivered to the saints."

Lastly, in
Luke 18:8, Jesus seems to be looking down the corridors of time and makes this rhetorical statement . . . "However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" It is a question to which no answer was given and unto us whom the ends of world may have come, it not only obliges us to make our calling and election sure but that we strive for the oneness of unity in the bonds of peace with love for one another and all mankind.

[email protected]
http://choirboy51.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print