In Hot Pursuit
by PamFord Davis

Do you like action movies? Do you cheer in the chase scenes, where the good guys are "in hot pursuit" of the bad guys? The drama builds as it seems the chase may end in failure; but our heroes are determined and right wins out over wrong in the end!


What are you pursuing in life? Is it a worthy goal; or are you wasting time and effort? We all reach toward some dream or ambition; and the strain to push ahead is exercise for our faith to succeed.

"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14 NAS)." Keep your eyes on the goal, and inch your way toward the finish line!


Some things are worthy of our attention and we are wise to pursue them. "pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness (1Timothy 6:11b)." Are you hot on the trail? "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it,
(Psalm 34:14 NAS)."


Peace may elude us and seem out of reach; but it can be achieved. Set your course and seek in determination. "Get ready, get set, and go!" Soon you will be in "hot pursuit" and godly character will be your reward!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print