Irreconcilable Differences
by PamFord Davis

We have all heard the final decision, "irreconcilable differences," marking the end of a marriage. A judge signs his name to official documents; and two people once pledged as one separate. They each try to pick up the broken pieces, and say goodbye to a love they once knew.


Divorce is a reality; and it leaves its mark on individuals, families and society. There are many contributing factors, but "irreconcilable differences" leads the list. The word irreconcilable is such a tragic word. It implies any hope of agreement and settling disputes is impossible. If partners truly have tried through counseling to be reconciled, they must feel defeated.


Praise God; we are not permanently separated from God by "irreconcilable differences!" Jesus closed the gap; and our great counselor, the Holy Spirit healed all our wounds!
(2 Corinthians 5:17-21)


Not only are we reconciled to the heavenly Father, we are given a ministry to reconcile others! Hear the plea, " Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:20-21 NAS)."


We can leave our lives of defeat behind, and put to death our fears of "irreconcilable differences!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print