What would you do if Tomorrow never came?
by Robert Randle

I read a very inspirational testimony from by youngest sister recently as she witnessed to the glory of God in a dream, and whereupon she experienced the Celestial splendor of Heaven; accompanied by her Guardian Angel. She was enraptured and overcome with so much joy, which was unspeakable and inexpressionable such that the only words that came from her mouth as tears came streaming down her face, were those directed by the Holy Spirit through speaking in Tongues. It was for her an intimate, very personal, deeply moving, spiritual epiphany and she just had to share it because it was too overwhelming and powerful to just keep it bottled up inside her. I, for one, was honored and appreciated the portion of Divine grace that touched my heart and spirit after reading such an unexpected and wondrous email.

Since I hadn't written an article for about a week or so, and certainly not one quite so personal, it did cause me to ponder another aspect, which serves as the title and theme for reflection in this writing. One of the relative certainties of the human experience and it is what most profoundly gives us a sense of hope, stability, rationality, and confidence, is that of looking forward to a "Tomorrow." We never question that expectation because for whatever instinctive or innate reasoning as a sentient 'being,' it is as predictable and autonomic as breathing, something done without conscious thought, that indeed there will always be a tomorrow. But, "WHAT IF" today is the last day, and there is not another one to look forward to, ever again? We live in a world of materiality and physical substance, or as the Hindu sage would called it, 'Maia' ['illusion']; as though we have a guarantee of experiencing a future, that things will always work out and get done eventually; if not tomorrow then on some other day because after all, we have nothing to worry about because we have all the time in the world; but is that true?

Job 14: 1
Man who is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble. He comes forth like a flower and fades away; He flees like a shadow and does not continue.

James 4: 14
Whereas you do not know what will happen 'tomorrow.' For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

The notion that people would be busy with their daily routines, lifestyle, and habits when the Lord returns is underscored by the statement of Jesus recorded in Matthew 24: 36-39, 42, 44; 25: 13:

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of Heaven, but My Father only. But, as in the days of Noah were, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away; so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

I Thessalonians 5: 1-4
But concerning the times and the seasons brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly well that the Day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and Safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. But you, brethren are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

A very poignant as well as explicit statement of arrogance, stubbornness and willful disregard for the longsuffering of God was penned by the Apostle Peter.

I Peter 3: 3-7, 9:
Knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the Last Days, walking according to their own lusts [self-interests], saying, "Where is the promise ['evidence {philosophical reasoning or scientific proof'}??] of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation ["The Big Bang"??]. For this they are willfully forget [they don't want to know or accept the 'TRUTH']: that by the Word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the Heavens and the Earth which are now preserved by the same Word, are reserved for fire until the Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that "all" should come to repentance.

Hebrews 3: 7-8; 15
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today," if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.

One of the more startling things that Jesus said is recorded in Matthew 7: 22-23, which reads: "Many will say to Me in that Day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your Name, cast out demons in Your Name, and done many wonders ['miracles'] in Your Name?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."

This is all the more incredible because in Mark 9: 38-41:

Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your Name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us. But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My Name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is on our side. "For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My Name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward."

I Peter 4: 17-18
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? Now "If the righteous one is scarcely ['barely'] saved; where will the ungodly and sinner appear?"

Luke 18: 8b
"Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find 'Faith' on the earth?"

This article started off on a positive note and it would only seem reasonable to end it that way after some of the more dire and solemn admonitions previously, so here are a few passages which administer grace:

I Peter 1: 3-4-9
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a lively hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation; ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it be tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ; Whom having not seen you love. Though, now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith- the salvation of your souls.

Ephesians 3: 20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 21: 4
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there will be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have ['all'] passed away. (Cp. Isaiah 65: 17??)

Lastly, to quote the Scripture used by my sister, which is found in
I Corinthians 2: 9

But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor has it entered into the heart of man the Things which God has prepared for those who love Him
(Cp. Isaiah 64: 4)."

[email protected]
http://choirboy51.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print