Order of Worship
by PamFord Davis

Each church has a unique style, or order of worship. Many are similar; but none are exact duplicates. Church bulletins are routinely used by most congregations, displaying announcements prayer lists, or other general information.


The listing of selected hymns, times for prayer, offerings, and the sermon are especially helpful to those visiting in the church. People who regularly attend do not realize how uncomfortable and ill at ease visitors may feel. If they can follow along in the sequence of events in the bulletin they will not feel so out of place.


In 1 Chronicles we see King David carefully planning out times of worship. "Then on that day David first assigned Asaph and his relatives to give thanks to the Lord. Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; speak of all His wonders. (I Chronicles 16:7-9 NAS)." The music ministry began and Asaph's name and selections could be listed on the "Temple Bulletins!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print