Blah!
by PamFord Davis

How do you like your food and beveragescold, lukewarm, or hot? My husband and I agree on many things; but we sure have strong opinions about this daily meal decision!


I like things hot or cold; lukewarm is "blah!" He does not like foods or beverages too hot. Well, when you cook a meal, it gets hot! So, he either tries to cool off his food (after complaining a little) or decides to wait until it cools down. What about me? By the time I get the food on my plate and sit down at the table, it is often too cold! So, I have to get back up and pop my plate in the microwave to heat it back up.


How does God feel about something lukewarm? He makes it very clear, leaving no room for doubt. "And to the angel of the church at Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this: I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I would that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. (Revelation 3:14-16 NAS)."


So, the next time you taste something and discover it is lukewarm, just "blah", remember how God warns us against lives and churches being lukewarm to His taste. Will His final word be "blah," or "ahhh?"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print