Tuning Up
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever sat in front of a live orchestra or band, and listened as they tuned up their instruments? It's usually not a very pleasant sound; but in a few minutes glorious music fills the room!


I have never learned to play a musical instrument. In fact I was once told I could not take lessons by our school's music teacher! I could not catch on to reading music; maybe because I am weak in math; and much of reading music is timingI've always wished I could play; and confess I was a little envious of those who did.


Well, not long ago I heard something that really got my attention. The thought was we should not use our mouth to tear people down by sharing gossip. (James 3:9-10) The speaker went on to explain our mouths are designed to be "instruments" of praise to our magnificent God! Wow, I can play an instrument; and you can, too! "I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High (Psalm 9:1-2 NAS)." Let's tune up our instruments, and learn to praise God in perfect harmony!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print