Can God find just ten righteous souls?
by Robert Randle

The stunning news since September 2008 has shaken peoples' confidence in the financial markets and in the belief that the government has any solution to an economy that is in a "Recession." This unprecedented business cycle hasn't been seen since around 1974 and it appears that the continuing circumstances may turn out to be as dire as the "Great Depression" of 1929. In fact, some prominent economists are predicting a protracted and lengthy recovery period which may well last for three years; with the earliest sign of a bottoming out to occur around the third quarter in 2009. The unemployment rate is at the highest rate it has been in years and with businesses continually laying off workers, people are frustrated, angry, uncertain, and desperate for answers because everything seems so bleak; This is where the Church must come in.

The problem facing America isn't strictly financial mismanagement, corporate greed, or political incompetence, but rather a 'spiritual malaise' brought about by an erosion of spiritual, ethical and moral values. What has replaced this vacuum is a focus on materialism, hedonism, narcissism, and all the distractions of entertainment brought about by the "toys of technology." This pronouncement is not against those of the 'world' but rather, against those of us who are 'believers.' Instead of converting the world, it seems that the world has converted us. Not only that, but the Church is involved in endorsing political parties and candidates even though we espouse allegiance to the kingdom [government] of God; as if the answer to our dilemma comes from a human source.

The reason that America is hurting so much right now is due to the unfaithfulness of the Children of God in her midst, thereby His wrath and judgment is being poured out on the nation. It is indeed surprising that the Christian Church is not addressing this serious issue more forcefully and shouting it from the rooftops. By the mere fact that believers hope for a political solution is even more incriminating evidence of our spiritual blindness and sin before the Great Judge of the earth (Psalms 94: 2). What needs to be done is for all the Churches and believers in the One God and Creator of the universe is to convene a moratorium, laying aside petty doctrinal disagreements, traditions, and faith practices to enjoin all of us to ask of our God and Father to forgive us and heal our souls and the nation.

It is now time for believers of all 'faiths' or a common faith [in the One God] to lead this country back to its founding principles. The book of II Chronicles 7: 14, states: "If My people who are called by My Name [Israel, in this case], will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." In Jonah 3: 1-10; 4: 11, the prophet was sent to utter a dire warning of impending doom to the 120, 000 people of the wicked city of Nineveh. The people, from the smallest to the greatest, including the king himself, took this unwelcome news so seriously that they repented, and fasted in sackcloth and ashes. Not only that, but the king decreed that each individual should make supplication to God separately to atone for the sin that each one has committed; besides those of the entire nation.

We should commit ourselves to a period of repentance, fasting, and prayer; seeking God's face and forgiveness, denying ourselves for a time the pleasures and indulgences that distract us from hearing that "still small voice" like that which came to the prophet Samuel. (I Samuel 3: 1-10). And just like in the days of the patriarch Noah and his family, the whole world is in trouble and we are all in the same boat; more or less. All of us will either drown together or all of us will be saved; the choice is left up to each individual.

[email protected]
http://choirboy51.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print