Family Feud
by PamFord Davis

The game show "Family Feud" has been popular for decades. Its fun seeing families as they pull together, in hopes of winning the prize. In real life, far too often family members are in opposition. We just don't always get along; feelings get hurt and bitterness grows. We pull away from each other either unconsciously or by choice.


Families are often torn apart by deep hurt, bitterness or resentment. The sad truth is family feuds are as old as mankind. It all began in our worlds "first family." Cain and Abel were sons of Adam and Eve. It was not a close knit family; Cain killed Abel! (Genesis 4:8) A few more "family feuds" found in scripturesDavid and his son Absalom, who tried to seize his fathers throne, brothers Jacob and Esau, sons of Isaac who competed for the fathers blessing and inheritance, Jacob's sons who had such sibling rivalry for Joseph that they captured him and sold him as a slave! The closing example demonstrated severe conflict and abuse, yet ended with tears and forgiveness! (Genesis 45:1-7, 14-15) Life is too short to waste fussing and feuding. Let's follow Joseph's example, and turn a feud into a family reunion!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print