Here I Come To Save The Day!
by PamFord Davis

If you remember the phrase, "Here I come to save the day," you must admit you are dating yourself! It was the cry and claim of a cartoon hero, "Mighty Mouse." He was very popular in the 1950's-1960's. I remember a personal connection with the television cartoon character.


I was a teenager, and in the home of my oldest sister and her family. We were in the living room and enjoying some quiet time, right after she had put her two toddler age children to bed. We assumed they were asleep, when we were surprised to hear their three year old son loudly call out, "Here I come to save the day!"


It is now a precious memory, but also a reminder that we all need someone to come to our aid and rescue us. Children's fairytales had a prince charming or a brave knight who would charge in riding his white horse. Comic books have super heroes such as "Batman," and "Superman," characters which are bigger than life. In the real world we must reach out to our deliverer; He is just a prayer away! He far outranks "Might Mouse;" He is the "Mighty God!" He is mighty to save! "Who is this who comes from Edom, with garments of glowing colors from Bozrah, this One who is majestic in His apparel, marching in the greatness of His strength? It is I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save (Isaiah 63:1 NAS)."


We can trust Him for our deliverance from sin; and have confidence that He hears our prayers for salvation of others. "Here He comes to save the day!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print