Heads Up and Shoulders Back!
by PamFord Davis

We feel pride in standing erect, with good posture. We may remember words from our mothers: "Stand tall, stand up straight, and don't slouch! Keep your head up and your shoulders back!" When we view a military group in formation it is a sight to behold!


What about pride in that stance? Does it speak of "I'll bow to no man?" The opposite of being straight and tall is bowed down and laid low. We form a mental picture of a man down in the gutter, or a beggar down on his knees. One day all will be humbled before Christ. (Philippians 2:8-11) At times people lay prostrate on their faces before God, in worship and prayer. I once heard a true story by a friend who served as part of a Billy Graham crusade team. A group gathered for prayer with Rev. Graham before the services, in the stadium. Heads were bowed and eyes were closed. It seemed like Billy Graham's voice was very far away. As our friend opened his eyes, he discovered that Billy Graham was flat on his face in urgent prayer.


An amazing illustration is found in 1 Samuel 5:1-5. The Philistines had captured the Ark of God, a holy place where worshipers experienced God's presence. The Ark was taken into the pagan temple of their false god, Dagon. The statue was found face down! Even false gods are on their faces before God Almighty! What a mighty God we serve!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print