Who Cares?
by PamFord Davis

How much do we really care about our "America the Beautiful?" Do we sigh, saying her glory days are behind her? Have we been brainwashed by mediocrity? There are still patriots who have an unending loyalty to the heart of America, the core beliefs and standards. As long as they have breath, they will proudly voice the words of our pledge of allegiance.


We have a tendency to lump all politicians into one group, believing they are driven by their own sense of power, and pushing the pork back to their home base. No, there is always of remnant of God's people. I believe there is a remnant of America's sons and daughters, as well.


Listen to the heart cry of a man who carried such a burden for his homeland of Judah. As an exile he questioned his visiting brother about the city of Jerusalem and the remnant who had returned home. It was a sad report. The people were in trouble and disgrace. The protective city walls were broken down; and their magnificent gates had been burned!
(Nehemiah 1:1-4) The news led him to grieve for his nation, and the people in the midst of destruction. Weeping and mourning for several days, Nehemiah took action. He focused his grief in prayer and fasting, to the God of heaven. He cared; do we really care?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print