An Epidemic
by PamFord Davis

There is an epidemic in our midst, spreading like a wild fire! The symptoms include fatigue and discouragement, along with a very negative attitude. I don't know who coined the phrase; but it hits the mark; the epidemic is "burn out!"


You started a task, job, or project with blazing enthusiasm, confidence, and dedication. Then as the days passed the fire began to burn out. You thought maybe a few days off and a change of pace would help. Returning to work you continued to push onThe flames barely flicker; and it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You look forward to a vacation! Gradually you realize your lamp is not low; it has "burnt out!" Some one else will need to finish what you started.


Isn't it comforting to know that the Lord never burns out! He is still going strong, giving us His warmth. Sitting in His presence is like being in front of a fire place, or cozy camp fire. Yes, but fire can also touch those who are opposed to the mighty God. Then He becomes a raging fire! "Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire (Hebrews 12:28-29 NAS)." The next time you experience the symptoms of burn out, take two doses of encouragement, and call on the great physician in the morning!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print