The Look of Love
by PamFord Davis

We have all heard of the perfect fairytale romances. A man finds his dream girl; and she discovers her prince charming. In the popular song "Some Enchanted Evening" from "South Pacific" their eyes meet "across a crowded room"I like stories with happy endings: boy meets girl, boy likes girl, and in the end boy gets girl!


I had one of those special young girl attractions when in the sixth grade. At the end of the school year we were taken on a tour of the Jr. High School. As I was in a class room a boy in the seventh grade was attracted to me, though I was totally unaware. After summer vacation and returning to school I received a phone call from the admirer. His younger brother was in my class; and he asked our teacher for my phone number. To my total surprise the older brother had thought about me during the summer and wanted to meet me! I did not even know what he looked like! He had an idea for our first meetingHe would just speak to me in the hall when we were on our way to classes. Well, the time came; and he had a beautiful smile! He had "the look of love!" As most young romances and cases of puppy love, he lost interest in me as quickly as he found it.


His "look of love" was nothing compared to one shared in the scriptures. The Apostle Peter after bragging of his faithfulness to his Lord Jesus failed miserably. He denied Him, not once, not twice, but three times! (Luke 22:54-60) In a game of baseball the call is "three strikes and you're out!" I'm sure in Peter's guilt and sorrow he felt he may be cast out of the group of Jesus intimate followers.


How could he ever be forgiven, regain the trust and confidence of His Lord? I believe it all started with a "look of love!" It spoke to the heart and soul of Peter. "And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had told him, before a cock crows today, you will deny Me three times. And he went out and wept bitterly. (Luke 22:61-62 NAS)." Peter was forgiven; and his loyalty to Jesus was confirmed over and over beginning at Pentecost. (Acts 2:14-42)


Do you have regrets about letting the Lord down? Do you feel like you are "on the outside, looking in?" Jesus wants you back close at His side, enjoying a very intimate relationship. Open your heart; and open your eyes. You'll see "the look of love!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print