Super Size It
by PamFord Davis

Human nature always wants just a little bit more than we have. We believe if we had an increase we might find satisfaction and fulfillment. Don't we all feel pleased when we are offered a "two for the price of one" purchase?


It seems everything is getting bigger today, from king size candy bars, to homes which are sometimes larger than hotels! We now have the fast growing mega churches that appear more like college campuses than a "house of prayer."


Fast food restaurants have us brainwashed into super sizing our meals and beverages. Moving from small, to medium, large and super size adds calories, fat, sugar, and sodium. We ignore the statistics and go for the most available! Our scales and rise in obesity are proof of our unchecked appetites.


One item that has moved in the other direction is automobiles and trucks. People appreciate the luxury and comfort of the super sized SUV; but the cost for fuel often outweighs the pleasures.


The Bible gives examples where Jesus "super sized" meals. My favorite involved a small boy with a big heart who shared his small lunch with a big crowd. (John 6:1-13) Don't miss the contrast here. We super size things much too frequently to feed our own bellies or our own ego. Jesus super sized to share with the multitudes. That's super sized love!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print