The Great Impostor
by PamFord Davis

The profession of "Impersonator" is a million dollar business. When we no longer see the original "rich and famous," we gladly settle for a look alike. Clothing, hair, voice and mannerisms are carefully studied and practiced diligently. A professional in their craft can temporarily "take on the life" of those they copy.


We respect impersonators; but we reject impostors! They don't try to entertain with their acquired skills and resemblance; the goal is to convince people they are the "real thing!" It is common knowledge that both Hitler and Hussein had doubles. We don't like being conned!


I had a humorous experience in the late 1990's. My hair style and eye glasses at that time were very similar to those worn by the First Lady, Hillary Clinton. I did not intentionally copy her styles, and did not realize how similar they were. My husband and I were in Orlando with friends attending a "Christian Coalition" meeting. In a large convention room a stranger walked up to me and commented on how much I looked like Hillary. I laughed it off as just a coincidence. Later on our way home we stopped at a fast food restaurant. For the second time that day I was approached by some one telling me how much I looked like Hillary! I was not an impersonator or an impostor!


Don't be deceived by the greatest impostors! "But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived (2 Timothy 3:13 NKJ)." Satan is the leader of all counterfeit activities. Test the spirits! (1 John 4:1) Impostors may fool a crowd; but inside that convincing exterior, they are as misleading as a Hollywood lot, showing only fronts of fake buildings. Reject the lies, and "the great impostor!" Choose "The Truth, Jesus Christ!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print