Obamania
by Kerry Peresta

President Obama seems to gleefully be picking our Constitution apart and casting it about in all directions, mainly to the left and overseas.

My understanding is that Our President assumes our Islam and Muslim neighbors (the ones that desecrated 3,000 Americans in the Twin Towers tragedy) can be handshaken into parlance with the United States. Wow. Why didn't Bush think of that? I mean, if we could have avoided putting all those tax dollars into highly-developed defense strategies and providing housing, provisions and healthcare for our outstanding military, think of the additional monies Our President might have contributed to the liberal spending bailout package! A shame. Condi Rice should learn something from this. Maybe she and Hillary can do lunch.

I am much impressed as well with the money he is putting back into our billfolds. Just this week my husband received $34 more in his paycheck. We are so grateful. We are discussing opening a new savings account (we are nicknaming it 'tax and spend') to cover the deductions that have been taken away and the overall decrease in social security benefits that will result from the White House's current decisions. Oh! We certainly don't want to forget the imminent revamping and socialization of our healthcare system for which all Americans will be asked to belly up. We are wondering what this will cost us, but no matter, surely Our President's generosity will continue throughout the four long years he will be in office, and we can stash that money (maybe under a mattress would be safer) in our new savings account to prepare for the tax increases cunningly hidden within this regime's rhetoric. Peek-a-boo! We see you!

We have cocked heads at each other as we discuss Our President's plan to control the climate inside our homes. We suppose that would take so much pressure off us! I mean we are constantly adjusting the temperatureup, down, up downit would take such a load off to know that we will not have to think of this again. An enforced 65 degrees is just what this country needs to bring us to our kneesoops I mean senses. What a great idea, Mr. President! Pretty soon we won't have to make any decisions at all!

And just the other day we caught one of Our President's talking heads on CNN as he lauded this administration's brilliant idea to take over all our hard-earned and rapidly-dwindling 401K's. He cheerfully pointed out that the majority of Americans do not have the time or wherewithal to understand how to invest their own money. Therefore, the Obama administration will conceive a well-executed and completely understandable plan to cap our investments, allocate them at will and guarantee us at least a 3% return over a period of 150 years. I think all our great-great-grandchildren should cheer!

Please allow me to wrap up my comments with one or two teensy-weensy observations. Well, maybe three. By Thomas Jefferson.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much
government." Mr. President, I am assuming you are parting ways with Mr. Jefferson on this one.

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." Our new and celebrated agent-of-change, President Barak Obama, surely must believe that all of the United States agrees that he is doing what he must. Let's take a vote! And leave out the Electoral College this time!

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless." Liberty? What liberty? Can you say A I G?

I imagine Mr. Jefferson is crying hot tears over our country from heaven's gate as China is waking up and smelling the coffee. Uhhtea. Pretty soon they'll be farming out their manufacturing...to us.


*******************************

Kerry Peresta is a career advertising professional with experience in copywriting, account management, design, media buying and sales. She has been employed by advertising agencies, television and radio stations and major newspapers. Read more of her material at kerryperesta.blogspot.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print