Spanking New
by PamFord Davis

At the sound of a baby's first cry, the proud parent's hearts leap for joy. What a sad way to make an entrance into the world, with a firm spank on the bottom! From the baby's warm secure place in the mother's womb the child was forced out into a world of bright lights and noise. Then, topping it all off that cold hand met the bare bottom! The parents and grandparents celebrate; but that new baby may want to purchase a return ticket and go back where it came from!


Is there anything as soft as the skin of a newborn baby? Cosmetologists will never come up with a formula to equal it! As we age our skin wrinkles and sags. Some fight it with every weapon in their arsenal. They refuse to admit defeat; and plastic surgeons throw a party!


Your skin is just a convenient covering to protect the real you inside. The Bible says "You must be born again." (John 3:3-18) When we ask Jesus to live in our hearts we are instantly born again. We are "spanking new," needing the nutritional milk of the Lord's word. For growth new Christians also need the comfort, and protection of God's family, His church.


How can we change? The older we get, the more set in our ways we become. We may have the best of intentions; but at times we fail miserably! Don't surrender to the enemy! "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new (2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJ)." The best is yet to come!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print