Fly Fishing
by PamFord Davis

Poolsbrook Creek ran through our property in Mycenae, NY. My dad was not a fisherman; so I guess that's why we never had much interest in fishing, either. As children my sisters, brother and I only made poles from tree limbs a few times to go fishing in "the crick." The Fish and Wildlife Department stocked the creek with fresh trout each year, a happy event for many.


The clear waters were a favorite spot for many loyal fishermen. My younger brother at times made friends with them, and ended up bringing home their catch! Mom would pan fry the mouth watering treat! One neighbor, Dale especially liked to fish in the rain. I remember seeing him dressed in all his rubber rain gear and casting his fishing line, in hopes of landing a big one. Naturally, he would cast the line out as far as he could.


We can learn a valuable lesson from my neighbor. God has told us to humble ourselves and he will lift us above our cares. "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you,
(1Peter 5:6-7 NKJ)." The farther we cast away our cares, the less likely we will be to reel them back in!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print