What, Me Worry?
by PamFord Davis

Do you worry? Today that word is not tossed around as much as it once was in the past. The more popular term is now anxiety; and to be specific "anxiety disorder" might be more proper. Word number three is stress. If this were a trip to the store I would suggest that you leave worry, anxiety, and stress all on the shelves; do not put them in your shopping cart! "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature (Matthew 6:27 NKJ)."

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble (Matthew 6:34 NKJ)." In the Old Testament we are told the story of an old woman who had just held the body of her dead son in her arms. Grief and worry would be normal reactions. Twice her comment was "It is well (2 Kings 4:23b/ 26b NKJ)." Elisha, through the power of God and prayer restored life to the boy! (Verses: 32-37) The woman's confidence and faith that "all was well" was rewarded. What, me worry? Why, should I worry? All is well! Jesus words bring the perfect remedy: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world (John 16:33 NKJ)." Just as the town crier proclaimed peace and security to America's patriots we can cry out the news, "all is well!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print