Every Job A Ministry
by PamFord Davis

We look up to those who have "answered the call" to full time service in our local churches. They deserve our honor and our respect, and above all our support and prayers.We may feel we have little to offer to the body of Christ, or to advance His kingdom. Truly, God will use as vessels those who are available and willing to be used as He directs. Ask Him where you can best minister to others. Most congregations and the communities in their midst have many needs waiting to be met. Tell your pastor that you want to help in any way you can. Every job done for Jesus is a ministry! "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men (Colossians 3:23 NKJ)."


Many wrongly believe ministry is the role of only the leaders of the flock. The Lord has opportunities for each of us. We can impact the lives of some that our pastors could never reach. Some churches regularly do a search within their memberships for gifted individuals, to best place them in the many areas of teaching, outreach and ministry. Do you enjoy working with children, youth, or adults? Teachers and assistants are always in demand! Do you have a flair for decorating or cooking? Hospitality is a valuable ministry and your gifts can touch many. Do you realize the numerous needs of the elderly? Many have household and yard work needing to be done; and even simple vehicle maintenance would be a real blessing.What about your day job? It becomes a ministry each new day, if you do it to please the Lord. Every job can be a ministry when you find your assigned role!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print