Salt of The Earth
by PamFord Davis

Jesus calls His followers "salt," in our relationships and influence. "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned (Matthew 5:13 NKJ)." Salt has many more functions than just seasoning bland foods


Meats have been preserved by the application of salt across the centuries. Will we be a preservative for godliness in a corrupt society? In a close relationship I discovered a new spiritual advantage of salt. My good friend owned and operated a Christian Book Store; and the Lord gave her a fresh insight on salt. Salt increases our thirst!


Can you eat popcorn, potato chips, nuts, French fries, or pizza without becoming thirsty? The more you eat, the more you need to drink! I have even been told that Fast Food restaurants intentionally add a lot of salt to their foods, in an effort to sell more beverages! When our lives produce salt, we can add flavor to life, and zest to conversations.


How can we help the needy and hurting around us? If we are "the salt of the earth," we can make them thirsty for refreshing, satisfying Living Water, Christ Jesus! "Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God , and who it is who says to you, Give Me a drink, you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water (John 4:10 NKJ)." We have another piece of good news to share with others who are thirsty. They can always go back for unlimited refills!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print