Bread and Water
by PamFord Davis

In many countries around the world, at this very moment, prisoners are being tortured. A common punishment is a diet of only bread and water. Those of us who are pampered with a variety of foods know the delight of meals that please the palate. Beverages today far surpass the old "coffee, tea, or milk" offerings! One change in recent years is the popularity of bottled water. Modern man has decided that even water can be improved! Bottlers add flavorings, and in some cases even carbonation.


Diets may even exclude bread from meals, because of the extra calories. Our ancestors thrived on freshly baked breads, and fresh water from springs. Bread and water are not things to be avoided! Whole grain breads provide fiber, and satisfy your hunger. Not only is water still the very best way to quench your thirst; it reduces your appetite. Vital organs must have ample supplies of water; if not we become dehydrated and in need of hospitalization.


If all of this is true about the physical benefits of bread and water, you can be sure it also applies spiritually! Jesus invites us to come to Him and receive both nourishment and fulfillment. Satisfaction is found in Jesus, "The Bread of Life and The Living Water." When I have an intimate growing relationship with Christ I can enjoy solitary confinement and a daily diet of bread and water!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print