Before and After
by PamFord Davis

We have a fascination with "before and after" pictures and stories. The majority is either weight loss or fashion and style makeovers. Three cheers for all! Muscle men have a different story to share and their goals were to increase body mass. Magazine advertisements and infomercials make claims of muscle development through their never before revealed secrets! Men are swayed with the philosophy of increased strength equals masculinity.


Bible passages often take us by surprise; because we frequently are challenged to come to grips with issues that go against logic. From our earliest years we were encouraged to be strong. We were told not to cry; if you're a wimp people will walk all over you! Weakness sounds like a disease we must avoid at any cost! The words weakness and failure almost seem to be intertwined; but are they?


"And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NKJ)." So, if I feel weak because my immune system is low, or if stress leaves me feeling weak and overwhelmed the end result can be strength. I'm not sure if God has a "brag book" of before and after pictures; but if He did he would proudly display pictures of "before problems" and "after strength in character!" I'd like to be in that display!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print