Who Is In Control?
by PamFord Davis

What happened to childhood? Sadly a child is expected to act like an adult by the time they enter kindergarten! There is a race to push children into the role of high achievers by not only parents, but much of society as a whole. Families, care givers, and educators each assume control and may leave a child feeling confused and discouraged.


As adults we realize keeping our own lives under control is no easy task! To be honest, it is impossible! At times we all need help! Trained professionals advising those fighting addictions say admitting you need help, is the first step to freedom. We can not control circumstances.


So, what do we do? Where can we go; and who can we turn to? Those of us who are blessed with a supporting family and friends can confide in them. A church home is a life line with concerned friends and compassionate staff. Most Pastors are trained in counseling or can refer you to others better qualified.


Above all, we can and should turn to the Lord. He already knows every problem and heartache, yet patiently waits for us to call out to Him. Peter often lost his temper or spoke out of turn; but he also knew the bottom line. "But Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God (John 6: 68-69 NKJ)." Peter, a fisherman, who liked to be in control, knew he could only have fulfillment, peace, and joy when he handed over control to his master, the Messiah!


Let's allow children to enjoy dependence a little while longer, and then tenderly guide them into places where they take control of their own actions. Relax, we can also snuggle up in the lap of the Father, and give Him control of all of our circumstances!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print