Promises Kept
by PamFord Davis

"But you promised!" How many times do children direct those three disappointed words to a parent? With the best of intentions a promise was given; but a promise was not kept. When we give our word to someone we are not able to see into the future. Problems and conflicting schedules develop; and we can no longer deliver what we pledged.


If this happens frequently the one waiting for the promise becomes disillusioned and confidence and trust is lost. Hopes are dashed and a barrier of resentment may rise. We are wise to not promise carelessly. It is much easier to explain a failed "maybe," than "I promise."


God's first promises are recorded in Genesis with the creation story. (Genesis 3:15) Later the promises of a great nation, an heir, and a special blessing were given to Abraham.
(Genesis 12:1-3) It is described in Galatians. "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith (Galatians 3:13-14 NKJ)." The promise was fulfilled in Jesus. Promises were made; promises were kept!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print