Running On Empty
by PamFord Davis

Do you remember the old television commercials for "Geritol?" If the viewer no longer had pep and vigor the tonic was the cure! Instantly in the sixty second commercial you did a self diagnosis, and decided you had iron poor blood!


At the beginning of the commercial a lady in the role of an average house wife appeared to have very little energy or strength. She looked like "something the cat dragged in!" Then she began to take the vitamin supplement; and the results were amazing! By the end of the advertisement she and her husband were twirling around a dance floor, on a night on the town!


At times we all feel like we are running on empty. We are aware we have to feed our bodies nourishing food to fuel us for our busy days. Our emotional and spiritual life also needs to be strengthened. Nehemiah encouraged his people and us as well, with his message. "Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10b NKJ)." That strength can never be found in any bottle; but it may cause you to dance a little jig!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print