Follow The Leader
by PamFord Davis

Children have been playing "follow the leader" for generations. There are only two essentials to play the game: a leader, and followers! Everybody can not be the leader at the same time. Without followers a leader would have no one to lead! He needs followers and they need a leader.


Ezra gives us a valuable example of people ready and willing to follow. "Arise, for this matter is your responsibility. We also are with you. Be of good courage, and do it (Ezra 10:4 NKJ)." The people saw the task as his responsibility. Theirs was to follow his lead. Their encouragement was like a round of applause, giving him the extra motivation he needed. Ezra likely rolled up his sleeves and led the way!


Is some one in your church needing that encouragement and support? When they turn around and look behind them do they see you following? Leaders, don't take your responsibility lightly. Where you lead determines the destination of those who follow. Let's all follow the ultimate leader, Jesus, the head of the church. We are his body and should stay alert to His leading as the hymn expresses, "Where He leads me, I will follow!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print