The Ladder To Success
by PamFord Davis

Are you climbing the "ladder to success," hopeful of achieving promotions, status, or cash rewards? It is not wrong to set goals; but if it becomes an all consuming drive, put your brakes on! "Keeping up with the Jones" never brings satisfaction. It usually raises your blood pressure and empties your bank account!


Most individuals who are truly successful did not beg for their position, or neglect their families to be appointed to a place of influence. More often they were just doing a job to the best of their ability. Someone in a place of authority noticed; and they were moved up to the next rung of the ladder. That clearly describes Joseph in the Old Testament. "The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under Joseph's authority, because the Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper (Genesis 39:23 NKJ)." Joseph did not depend on networking or using people as stepping stones to achieve success. He knew who was really in charge, trusted God, and could sleep with a restful mind at night!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print