Crash Diets
by PamFord Davis

Almost all women can recall going on at least one crash diet. You were at a time in your life when you were overweight, needing to lose several pounds, or maybe just wanted to take off that extra five pounds FAST! Either way you decided to lose weight, even if it was the last thing you'd do! It could have been! Have you ever thought about that description, "crash diet?" If you starve yourself, you will "crash!"


The saddest part is if you succeed and shed a few pounds, with no lasting nutrition and exercise changes, you usually put the weight right back on, and more! There is a long list of fad diets: grapefruit, low carbohydrate, low fat, high protein They have all been tried. I remember an aunt using a soup diet. I like that one because there are so many varieties and you get your meats and vegetables. How about this one? There is a "tears diet?" What is that? It sounds so depressing! Follow me to Psalms. "You have fed them with the bread of tears, and given them tears to drink in great measure (Psalm 80:5 NKJ)." The Psalmist Asaph declared God restricted His people to a diet of tears. Maybe from time to time we need that to cleanse our spirits, just as fasting cleanses the body. Our salty tears bring healing to the soul.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print