Freedom In Chains
by PamFord Davis

Freedom vs. slavery is no contest! We all should cherish our freedom. It can be taken away from us in an instant. The knowledge of other countries being taken over by dictators gives us a good reason to guard our freedoms.


Hearing the word freedom we might dwell only on political issues. We take others for granted. Every time you can get up by yourself and go to the bathroom, you have the freedom of movement to get you there! To a person who has lost their mobility that is only a cherished memory. Maybe this brief reflection on freedom will be a gentle nudge to appreciate our small freedoms as well as the large.


"Chains," just the word speaks restriction and bondage. Being held as a prisoner, forced captivity must be one of the most frightening and helpless feelings man faces. Is it even possible to have freedom in chains? With God all things are possible! "Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed (Acts 16:24-26 NKJ)." Now, that is what I call a "grand opening!" Paul and Silas experienced freedom in Christ. Chains could only constrain them; chains could not stop them! Jesus words gave them lasting assurance. "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8: 32 NKJ)."Hands, wrists, or ankles may be bound with chains. The heart pulses a steady rhythm. "I am free, free, free!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print