Compassion
by Marijo Phelps

You should go on the website and look for a handicapped child that has been on the website the longest

The Lord had my attention and I began to argue, but in the past the handicapped children were always the first to get sponsors

It was the week our local Christian station partnered with Compassion International, the worldwide ministry which paired children with sponsors and reached out in the name of Jesus to these kids.

OK, let's see, here is that part of the website. Oh, my, LOOK at that smile! There is a 9 year old girl from India with a cleft lip and speech problems who has been on the website more than 6 month waiting for someone to choose her. Ah, Lord, she is the only one who has waited this long..
YES.

I don't suppose it is coincidence that our other child can no longer be in this program and we just got that notice today?

Click. I DID it. Soon we will get the whole packet on little Anna.

"Hi honey, do you have a minute?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"We have a new Compassion little girl today and I will tell you all about her when you get home,"

"OK, I am always eager to her those stories."

That seems like it was only yesterday. And the years went by as this little gal became a young woman. Her writing was totally exotic as she sent her letters in Tamil and then they were translated into English. She excelled in school and was a singer in spite of her speech problems. Each letter from her radiated Jesus back to us.

She prayed and we prayed. She was the daughter we never had. It wasn't long before we decided this would be a super Christmas gift for the adult members of our family. Not another polo shirt or book but a month's support for little Anna.

"Hey, we can copy her letters and send them out to each family member at Christmas time every year!" I was so excited about this idea.
"Yes, and the drawings she sends up and her beautiful script in .. what is it, Tamil?"

"Great idea."

And so it went with little Anna. She was able to get some medical help with this ministry, help with school work and learn more about Jesus. We have been totally blessed to be a part of her life this way.

His arms reached out and His hands extended are what this is really all about. We can even write letters online now BUT she sure seems to like the stickers and post cards and bookmarks we can include when we send a note by "snail mail".

"I am praying for you every day, and all your family. Thank you so much for the gift you sent for my birthday. I got a bowl to hold water in the house and some beautiful material for a new dress to go with the sandals I was able to get too.and a large bag of rice.."

"Honey, I think this is the best $32 we have even invested! Less than a dollar a day is making a difference for her whole family. We won't really know until we step into eternity how much impact this has."

Each time we open a letter that has a new photo of our little Anna it totally lights up the kitchen.

Lord, we couldn't be more blessed, thanks for nudging me that day on the computer. You are most incredible!

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print