Ways of Defeat
by PamFord Davis

Don't buy in to the lies! We can not do a quick make over of ourselves! If we are not satisfied with the product, some quick changes will not bring lasting results. It frequently starts with a resolution to give up some bad habit. With a fresh commitment we believe we are reformed, a "new and improved model." In our own strength we are unable to change our hearts; so before long we fall back into our old ways of defeat that we promised to avoid.


What we truly need is complete transformation, not being reformed but "reborn!" Jesus explained to a seeker of truth. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, you must be born again. The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone born of the Spirit (John 3:6-8 NKJ)."


Do you remember ever peering through the glass to a hospital nursery? Inside you emotionally viewed newborn babies, beautiful, pink, and HELPLESS! When we are reborn we need to admit to ourselves that we can not be what we need to be, or always do what we should. We need the constant help of our loving heavenly Father, to cradle us in His tender arms. The reborn are given a new start, as well as a new heart!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print